Before knowing about the exercises, let me help you understand what depression is all about. It is very easy to say that the person has depression but the actual sufferings of this mental issue are very hard to bear. The symptoms include loss of energy, anger or irritability, a problem in concentrating, lack of appetite, inexplicable pain, sleep changes, disconnection from people, etc. After going through these symptoms, do you still think that depression is a common mental issue?
What is Depression? It is a state of low mood that affects the person’s thoughts, behaviors or feelings. It is a character of some psychiatric syndrome. It is a serious condition that can have an impact on a person’s physical and mental capacity. However, the exact reason is still unknown, but it may result from various biological factors such as severe medical illness, family history or alcohol or drug use.
Why can Exercise ease the effects of Depression?
Exercise is great for a lot of things in our life. It can help those that are trying to find out eye floater causes, suffering from headaches, poor mood, fatigue and more. Having low energy is a sign of depression and doing exercises on a regular basis can elevate your mood, and it is also very helpful for those who are having mild to moderate depression. Working out is considered as an essential weapon for mental fitness as it is said to very efficient in reducing fatigue, improving concentration and alertness and increasing your energy level thus resulting in reduced stress. Now the question is, how can you exercise correctly or how exercise works? Performing daily workouts can produce endorphins ( a chemical in the brain that acts as a natural painkiller and also helps to improve sleeping cycle). Isn’t it an effective way for a person having depression? You can do a workout on a daily basis to overcome the problem and keep your mind off of depressing things.
What Fitness Tips you should follow if you have Depression?
Before doing any exercise, safety is must for people having mental issues like depression or anxiety, so make sure to provide them knee wraps and wrist wraps to avoid any injury. You can also check out the best bodybuilding wrist wraps of 2017. You can also give them T-shirts for bodybuilding in case they are interested in hard workouts. These accessories will help them elevate their mood and will create an atmosphere for a regular workout. The following activities can be easily implemented:
- 5 X 30: Jog, walk, bike, or dance three to five times a week for 30 minutes.
- You can also do yoga as it greatly helps in reducing your stress level.
- Participate in strength training program as it greatly helps in reducing symptoms of depression.
- You can indulge yourself in any of these activities- gardening, swimming, aerobics. Do social involvement by going to the gym, yoga classes or dance classes as it will treat you both physically and mentally.
- Make sure to set small daily targets for daily consistency instead of complete workouts. It is better to walk daily for 15-20 minutes than to wait for a 3-4 hour fitness marathon on the weekend.
- Do activities that are fun and enjoyable.
- Why not make good use of your iPod or other portable media player by downloading and listening to positive audiobooks, podcasts, or music.
- Hire an “exercise mate.” It is said to be easier to stick to the exercise routine when you have to stay committed to your friend, partner, or colleague.
- Stay patient while starting a starting a new exercise program. Many sedentary people need about 5-9 weeks to get coordinated and sufficiently in shape so that exercise feels easier.
- There are many mental health programs which you can join to overcome this problem. Search around your area or surf online to know about these mental health programs.
Make yourself busy as depression is curable. You only need a strong will power and results will soon be at your doorsteps. Ask help from your family members or friends throughout the entire treatment. Think positive!